BOTOX® works by blocking some of the chemical signals sent by the nerves that cause muscles to contract. By gently and temporarily relaxing the muscles in certain areas, BOTOX® Cosmetic can lessen the appearance of wrinkles, and soften the signs of aging. Which injection you get depends largely on the areas you’d like treated. Botox® is approved for treating forehead lines and crow’s feet in addition to glabella lines. Our injection specialist will determine which injection will best help you achieve your desired results.
Some frequently asked questions:
- How long do results last: You can expect to see the results of Botox® within 3-5 days of treatment. The results of Botox® are temporary and results typically last between 3-6 months.
- How many units will I need: The number of units you’ll need for your treatment depends entirely on the area(s) you’d like treated and the severity of your wrinkles/lines. Our provider will work with you to select an appropriate amount of units for your injection, but in general, the recommended dosages by treatment area are:
- Glabella lines – 20 units
- Glabella and forehead lines – 40 units
- Crow’s feet – 24 units
- Are Botox injections painful: The great thing about Botox® is that the injections are virtually painless. Our provider takes every precaution when injecting our patients, applying a topical anesthetic to the treatment area prior to your injection to ensure that you’ll have a comfortable, pain-free experience.